Tsebo Solutions Group is honoured to announce that is has been named winner at the 2018 Southern African Venture Capital (SAVCA) Industry Awards, in partnership with Investec Bank.
The prestigious awards ceremony serves as a platform to recognise portfolio companies that have thrived from private equity and venture capital investment in the region as well as the value these asset classes provide such as mentorship, market access, business development, and guidance around corporate governance.
Tsebo Solutions Group was announced as the winner in the Large Company Category at the ceremony that took place on the 8th of November at Montecasino highlighting the Group’s dedication and effort in increasing investment, creating job opportunities and ensuring economic upliftment in society.
“Each of us can be tremendously proud of this achievement. It is testament to the hard work, diligence and integrity of every one of our 40,000 staff in 28 countries. We are humbled to have been recognised,” said Clive Smith, Group Chief Executive Officer, Tsebo Solutions Group.
The SAVCA Industry Awards is a culmination of a rigorous judging process in which finalists and winners are selected and interviewed and their operations assessed. Thereafter findings are presented to an esteemed judging panel of industry experts and winners are selected based on the following criteria:
- Evidence of growth, including profit growth and investor returns
- Job preservation/creation
- Environmental impact
- Social impact
- Leadership team/reputation
Other differentiating factors included whether:
- The nominee is an attractive, distinctive business that stands out amongst peers
- The company demonstrates skilled execution of particular projects, including product innovation, acquisition, capital investment, international expansion or marketing innovation
- The business demonstrates evidence of bold and authentic leadership, including the development of a strong, progressive culture and wider contribution to society
- There is evidence of the positive impact of the private equity/venture capital relationship with the company: ranging from mentorship to new market access and other relevant factors
Tsebo Solutions Group and two other earnest finalist companies, Fidelity Security and KWIKOT, availed as the top three finalists in the Large Company Category, from which Tsebo was selected as the overall winner.