Tsebo Facilities Solutions provides general building services, corrective and preventative maintenance, as well as Health & Safety checks to power systems and plant equipment. From simple repairs to complex technical assistance, we are able to meet your everyday needs through a range of services that increase efficiency and reduce downtime and costs.
The nationwide lockdown in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, saw businesses scramble to deal with the operational and economic effects of forced closures. Everything from machinery to servers and airconditioning units, to large-scale production lines were adversely affected and mothballed. In many cases shutdown had to be expedited and did not follow the necessary controls, resulting in difficulties that may arise when restarting equipment.
As we return to work, businesses need to be aware that:
- Equipment failure, as a result of lack of preventative maintenance or deviation from typical operations, may not be covered by insurance.
- Air-conditioning units need to be serviced and cleaned to prevent the spread of bacteria, dust and airborne disease.
- Air-conditioning units are susceptible to failure if there is disruption to the typical heating-to-cooling transition. They need to be serviced regularly, and inspected and restarted by a trained technician.
- Cooling systems like refrigeration, fans, tubing and compressors need to be checked prior to restarting.
- Electrical surges can occur when machinery is switched on again, causing damage to equipment. Load-shedding increases the likelihood of surges.
- Timers and time switches may be out of sequence, resulting in equipment running at the incorrect time, or not operating when needed.
- Failure of rotating equipment, for example motors and compressors found in air-conditioners and refrigerators, etc. could be susceptible to failure if they do not run uninterrupted and are not serviced regularly.
- Failure of electrical equipment may occur, particularly if the necessary environmental controls have not been implemented during shutdown. Electrical switch gears need to be inspected via infra-red scanning to ensure there are no loose connections.
- Generators require routine maintenance and weekly inspection, which may not have taken place under lockdown. A qualified technician should check the equipment after it stopped working uninterruptedly.
- Stagnant water can result in the growth of the Legionella pathogen, which proved to be potentially fatal. Taps should run for an extended period of time and water samples should be sent for proper testing.
Tsebo has extensive engineering expertise and experience to assist companies with the smooth restarting of equipment after lockdown, as well as with the safe return of staff.
We can tailor flexible and cost-effective solutions that include:
- Start-up inspection and servicing of generators, airconditioning, and electrical and other equipment
- Equipment repair
- Resetting of timers
- Maintenance servicing of machinery and equipment
- Implementation of preventative maintenance plans, which includes adhering to recommendations of equipment manufacturers, as well as cycling equipment on lubricating motors and gearboxes
- Flexible and cost-effective solutions
- Quick recovery of systems – our experts will quickly get equipment in good working condition
- Prevention of equipment failure and further downtime for businesses
- Minimising interruptions by ensuring that equipment does not failing the business when needed most, e.g. a generator failure during load shedding can have devastating effects on any business
- Access to Tsebo’s call centre for one-point contact addressing all your needs – from air-conditioning to electrical failure or building work requirements
- Tsebo’s systems can track and monitor the asset’s history and performance record to help predict failures and assist clients in planning for timely replacement of equipment
- Building maintenance, cabling, lifts, HVAC, access, fire detection and storage
- Furnishings and interiors, painting, parking and landscaping
- Help desk, reception, switchboard, photocopiers and archiving
THE SERVICES OFFERED
- Air-conditioning servicing and repairs
- Electrical repairs and installations
- Plumbing requirements (unblocking drains, relaying water lines, water metering, repairing burst pipes, testing water quality for
- Building and infrastructure repairs and installations
- Maintenance inspections and condition assessments
- Furniture repairs
- Minor carpet and flooring repairs
Minor paint work and touch-ups Tsebo also offers standard monthly maintenance packages with regular maintenance visits to premises, as
well as up to four call-outs per month (depending on the package). The standard packages available can however be customised to suit your